Senior Financial Analyst
AMMEX is a global leader in products that enhance health, hygiene, and safety across a wide spectrum of industries. Our commitment to product development and innovation is integral to our global growth. Our dedication to customer service is unparalleled, and our unique marketing programs that increase sales are on the cutting edge in our industry. With a focus on expanding and nurturing partnerships on a global scale, AMMEX is poised for even greater success internationally.
Our people infuse our culture with integrity, which defines the way we operate. As a company we embrace our core values:
- We are aggressive in pursuing opportunities
- We are consistent and innovative in our products and processes
- We are approachable and a pleasure to do business with
- We believe that “simple is good”
We grow and improve every day!
No matter the department, we are looking for people who understand how to balance meeting customer needs with creating products, processes, systems, and teams that are innovative and adaptable as we scale. We want to build a team of customer-oriented, authentic, self-directed professionals who are driven by a desire to succeed in all that they do.
We are seeking a world class Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for driving the financial planning, forecasting and analytical support to the management team and senior business leaders. The Senior Financial Analyst reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer, as well as indirectly to internal business partners on financial and operational matters. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a proactive business partner and demonstrate the leadership capacity to assume increasing responsibility in finance management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Produce periodic reporting packages, examples include Profitability Analyses, Variance Analyses, Forecasts and Budgets.
- Proactively approach Finance and Business leaders with fact based analyses and recommendations for improving profitability, through cost containment, process efficiency or revenue generation.
- Drive the annual planning and monthly forecasting processes through the development of exceptional forecasting and budget processes.
- Consolidate, reconcile, validate and obtain clarification of financial information from multiple sources to develop forecasts and budgets.
- Collaborate with the company’s accounting teams to ensure consistency in reporting and assist in the monthly reporting package design and execution.
- Conduct/Develop multi-dimensional financial modeling to support sales and profitability forecasting.
- Participate in monthly profitability analyses of key product lines and client groups.
- Develop strong partnerships with business managers in other business units and throughout the finance, operations, and sales departments.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 6+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis.
- Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite of software with expert level proficiency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, formulas, charts/ presentations, etc.).
- Proficiency in extracting data from multiple sources and databases, preferably SQL based systems (or variant).
- Familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”).
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Previous experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access) highly desired.
- Must have initiative, be resourceful, and able to work independently without a lot of guidance.
- Requires fluency in English with good verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with all levels of management and staff in a diverse, global environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Adherence to our core AMMEX values:
o Simple is good
o Grow and improve everyday
o We are consistent and innovative in our products and processes
o We are a pleasure to do business with
o We are aggressive in pursuing opportunities.
AMMEX offers a comprehensive and competitive total compensation package that includes the following:
- Self-Managed PTO for vacation, sick and other time-off needs
- 100% company-paid premiums for employees, and partially-paid premiums for dependents for:
- Company-provided life insurance for employees
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan with quarterly matching up to 3% of deferred wages to the IRS maximum
- Generous annual bonus program and quarterly incentives